Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 9- Post op Meta- August 26th, 2010

Last night I took the last of my antibiotics for my bladder. Tonight I took the last of my general antibiotic. I still have pain meds. I plan to get some over the counter pain meds to help with the remaining discomfort. I think I will just need some for night time mainly.

My urine is back to normal color since it has been 24 hours since I last took the bladder medicine. It is nice to no longer have neon orange urine.

I went back to wearing manties today. I thought it would be great but my penis did not like it. My penis is angry with all underwear at this time. The pads that I usually wear to catch the "discharge" from the underside of my penis that is part of the healing process, irritates the hell out of it how. Also underwear touching it is a uncomfortable. Everytime something touches my penis I am not too comfortable with that. I actually ended up having to sit on the inflatable cushion with a disposable pad ( I got some from the hospital) covering it and the manties on but saggy to feel comfortable.

My penis is coming out of hiding more. He is getting longer. I am not circimsized. Dr. Bowers left me "uncut", which is fine by me. The foreskin is covering most of my penis though do to the swelling. I see the head creeping it's way out hopefully soon I will see my full flaccid length since the swelling an tenderness is causing some mild retraction.
Even if my penis were to stay this exact size I would still be very happy.

This morning I woke up really having to pee. I urinated but had the sensation that I still needed to go. I waited but nothing happened. I went back to bed. I got nervous that something was wrong but I realized throughout the day that my bladder is still sensitive so if I wait too long it feels like I'm not fully done even when I am but that went away through the day since I didn't wait til the last minute to pee.

My stream is steady but not strong I called Dr. Bowers office to let them know and I was told to watch it. Since I did have 2 catheters removed and major surgery all just a few days ago all of this is normal. My urine isn't cloudy, I'm able to urinate, no burning sensation when I pee. Overall things seem to be coming along just more time is needed for swelling to subside and I get used to my new penis.

Sitting is getting easier which is a plus. Walking has gotten more awkward because of my penis not wanting anything to touch it so underwear, pants or any of that too close is just not fun so I walk a little funny to keep the underwear from rubbing. I will definitely have to figure out what to do about that. Another thing I am hoping and confident will get better with time.

1 comment: