Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 4- Post Op- Meta, August 21st, 2010 - Part I

I know the day isn't over yet but I figured I would blog early and if anythign add a part II.

I woke up this morning feeling good. I checked my catheter and my urine was kind of orange. I didn't freak out because the antibiotic for my bladder (phenazopyrid Aka pyridium) makes your urine and sometimes stool change color. I have been drinking lots of water so in general I feel more hydrated and alert. The suprapubic cath is just there. Not causing any issues.

I still felt like I ad to poop. I took the milk of magnesia drank a bottle of water and walked around the room. I then sat on the toilet in the most comfortable position possible and took deep breaths. After a few minutes a big stool came out then things started moving. The big one didn't cause pain which I was expecting but it caused pressure. I was making all sorts of grunting noises and yelling Amen at how good it felt to have the relief! I sat there for a few more minutes allowing the rest to come out. I then decided to take a shower just to feel extra fresh.

After that shower I felt great and was up for a walk. My wife, daughter and I went for a walk around the motel property. We took some pictures then went to the business/ guest center for the hotel while they cleaned our room. The weather is beautiful today. Not too humid but warm and nice.

While we were walking I got a call from Dr. Bowers' personal cell checking on me. I was expecting Robin or Janet to Check on me today but it was nice that Dr. Bowers herself checked on me. She apologized that I ended up with the foley but was also optimistic and reassuring. She told me to make sure to continue with my meds as instructed and she would see me monday. She told me any problems to call her cell immediately and/or call Robin. That made me feel really good that she was there in case of emergency.

I continued my walk feeling good. I didn't want to over do it so we decided to go back to the room. I took my meds as scheduled then took a nice nap.
Today is a good day so far. I feel stronger with each day and the aching and soreness get a little better each day. Sitting and getting in and out of bed are the most uncomfortable still be both are getting easier.

1 comment: