Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 5- Post-Op Meta

Day 5 was very uneventful.

We slept in today. It was the first day since surgery that we were all able to sleep right past breakfast. If it wasn't for the cleaning woman coming to check if we needed towels we probably would have slept a few more hours.

Even though we missed the hotel breakfast we were okay. We had cereal and soy milk as well as fruits so we were able to have a nice little family breakfast in our room. I guess as much as can be expected.

Today I felt the same in terms of soreness and stuff. I am on pain meds every 8 hours though if I had some motrin or extra strength tylenol that would really suffice.

Walking is getting easier. Laying down is still best. Sitting is a hit or miss when it comes to comfort. I spent most of the day in the bed resting but then I had to stretch. When I got up I was achey because I was in the same position too long. Once I get home it will be easier because I will have different furniture options that I think will be more appropriate for me comfort wise.

I didn't have a bowel Movement today so I felt a little more discomfort because of that. Going from being pretty "regular" to no BM for days on end takes some adjustment. Hopefully I get back to being regular soon! I know that will help with my overall feeling of normalcy.

I also spend part of the day trying to get my gifts picked out for Robin, Janet and Dr. Bowers. I know what I want for each of them but they probably won't get it til after I left. I was looking forward to them getting it before I leave. Maybe I can still swing it! We shall see. They have all been amazing. Completely above and beyond what I expected which is why a "Thank You" gift is warranted.

Tomorrow is my appointment with Dr. Bowers. I am excited because hopefully things go well and I can get this Catheter out soon! I am looking forward to also seeing my penis "unleashed". Things have literally been under wraps since surgery. Though some of the wrapping has come off the full effect isn't there yet between the Cather and the extra stitch to hold my penis in position for proper healing.


I look forward to blogging great things tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment