Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 4- Post Op- Meta, August 21st, 2010 - Part II

I rested some more once I was in the room again. We decided to rest which resulted in a "family nap".
It felt good for all of us to just get some nice solid rest!
After the nap we were watching Television and the room phone rang. It was the woman from the Trinidad support group inviting us out for dinner. She was at the Morning After house for Dr. Bowers patients. We didn't stay there because it was full but she decided to stay there for the rest of her time here. She said that she met some other amazing folks and they would come get us since they know we don't drive.

We made the plans and a few hours later we were getting picked up for dinner which was awesome.
It was great because we were starting to get sick of the hotel room.
My wife took it as an opportunity to wear something nice. I wore pajama pants and a T shirt. My wife ironed them and since they matched I looked half way decent.
We had a good time. There was the woman who had surgery the same day as me as well as 3 other ladies. One had her mother with her and another was an 18 year old girl who had her father with her.
The girl who was 18 I remembered seeing her at the hospital walking around in pain but I didn't pay to much attention since I was focusing on my own surgery that day and waiting to be called in. She and her father remembered us because they remembered talking about how cute my daughter was.
We all talked about where we were from, what we do and things of that nature. It was a good time.
Right before our food came Dr. Bowers walked into the Restaurant with her son. We were near the front o we saw her while she was waiting and she waved hello to us. She came over to me and asked me personally if I was okay after everything that happened yesterday with my Catheter. I told her I was fine, she seemed really concerned and I smiled letting her know that I really was okay. She said well if I am fine then she is fine. Her table was ready so she told us to have a good time and she was seated.

The woman who had surgery same day as me and I were the "freshest" ones so we both started to stir from sitting so long. The other women were just about to leave town and no longer had Catheters. They had healed enough that sitting wasn't as much of an issue. It was funny being the only guy at the table that had surgery but we all had this weird unspoken bond that allowed us to connect like we were old friends. We exchanged contact information and planned to keep in touch since we had some common interest. One of the women only lives about an hour away from me so we may run into each other again.

It was great to get out and have good food, good fun and good conversation.

I was feeling so great I forgot to take my pain medicine. I am to take the percocet every 3-4 hours as needed but I have been taking it more like every 6-8 hours. I really don't need meds that strong anymore but that is all I have.
On Monday when we are out in the town I plan to get some Motrin or extra strength Tylenol since the percocet is just over kill. Even after sitting for almost 2 hours at dinner I still wasn't in much pain it was more just uncomforable.

I am happy that I am healing well and not needing pain medicine as much. That will definitely help alleviate some of the constipation and allow me to be more alert during the day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night with new friends,I hope if the day ever comes for me I have the time you have had, and the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your day will come too. Don't worry I know it will come and it will be a great time!

    ReplyDelete