Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dapy 10- Post op Meta- August 27th, 2010

Today I woke up with the sensation that I Really had to pee. I went to the bathroom and peed but the sensation was still there. I got angry at my bladder and squeezed it (Hard to explain) which ironically helped because my bladder is still tender but squeezing it the way I did soothed it enough for me to fully empty it.

I called Dr. Bowers' office when it was late enough for it to be open (I am 2 hours ahead of Colorado). I told Robin what happened and what I thought. She let Dr. Bowers know and all 3 of us agreed that my bladder needs time to heal from not one but TWO Catheters. I remember that after my hysto I had the same sensation for a few days and that Catheter I only had in for a few hours so it stands to reason if I have 2 catheters in for a week then it will take a few weeks for the spasms to subside. The spasms happen when I wait too long to pee/ my bladder gets too full and my bladder in it's angry state spasms when it tries to empty all that urine so "squeezing" my abdomen/ or adding warm compress will help. A gentle squeeze works just fine for me. It is more like a press/massage of my bladder using my thumbs and index fingers.

I know my body well enough to know that it is not an infection, inflammation or anything "wrong" but to be safe I let my surgeon know and was glad to find out that it really was normal.

I am still drinking lots of fluids. I'm not regular yet in terms of BMs and that has more to do with my diet being off than anything else. I look forward to being "regular" again.

The pain was managable today. My wife had me laughing so hard my penis bounced which hurt. It was nice to feel it bounce from a mental perspective noticing the difference in the physiology of it, but from a real physical stand point IT HURT! My penis is still tender but getting better. Today I decided not to even bother with the pads. I just put the manties on and made sure to put my inflatable cushion down on the couch covered with the disposable pads to catch any "drainage accidents." Luckily there were none and I was fine with just the manties.

Today was the first time my appetite was really back to normal. I didn't really notice it before. Since surgery I ate regularly but that had more to do with me eating so that the pain meds and antibiotics wouldn't upset my stomach. I never really felt hungry I just ate on schedule. My wife also noticed it today too. It was the first time she heard me say that I was actuall "hungry". Since surgery she would ask me if I was hungry I would usually say "not really, but I should eat to take my meds soon..." or something of that nature. Today was more like "Baby what are we eating?"
I had a full plate of dinner and finished it in one sitting as opposed to picking at it and eating it slowly.

My wife got me the newest book today from my favorite Author. It came out on the same day that I had surgery. Trinidad, CO didn't have a Barnes and Noble accessible and even if they did I doubt they would carry this book.
It was an nice surgery gift which I will enjoy for sure since I will need help passing time for the rest of the weeks that I am home. My wife is going back to work on Monday so it will just be me and my pets.

Tonight after I took my evening shower I couldn't find the clean manties I had in my luggage (still haven't upacked yet) so I decided to run the risk of wearing my boxer briefs. To be honest they actually feel comfortable. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

That's all for today. Time for BED!

No comments:

Post a Comment