Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 8- Post op Meta- August 25th, 2010

Today was Travel day.

Robin came and got us early in the morning to drive us 2 hours away to the Airport in Colorado Springs. I was nervous about the ride because sitting is still a sensitive thing for me. I had my inflatable cushion and foam cushion. I tried to use both of the cushions in the car and that worked well. I had the foam one on the bottom and the inflatable one on top. When we reached to the airport the only thing I wanted to do was urinate but with the amount of fluids I have been drinking that is to be expected.

When I went to the Airport bathroom I noticed that my penis was starting to stand out more. I was excited about this at first then realized how uncomfortable my choice in underwear was.
I decided to wear Jeans shorts home and since the "Manties" are thin I didn't think that would be great for travel so I decided to wear briefs to hold the pad in place with boxers over it. The briefs were comfy but the pad kept rubbing against the head of my penis which was hyper sensitive. It made me keep adjusting. I ended up ditching the pad before I even got to the plane and was temptend to just rock out with my cock out in the boxers but decided to try and work with the underwear.

Walking was okay for the most part. At times I would get tired because it was more walking than I have done since surgery. The Ramps in the airport were a pain because the incline would trigger tenderness. I was lucky that I planned my pain medications very well so that I would be able to take a pill before each flight. (I had a connecting flight).

When I got on the plane I was a little nervous about the sitting because my wife was to my right and on the other side of me was a guy who was sitting with his legs open (he was in the aisle seat) so I felt weird to sit with mine open too because then our legs would be rubbing.
At first I tried sitting on both cushions but then the seat belt was too tight on my stomach which has a tender spot from where the suprapubic catheter was. I decided to just sit on the inflatable cushion which I only half inflated so it was more "squishy". It was perfect and I was fine the whole plane ride.
We had a connection in Texas and our flight was a little delayed which was annoying but we still managed to get in on time so it all worked out.

Being home feels great. I was actually able to get a good look at the underside of my penis and at my overall penis in general because i have a big hand mirror that is double sided and one side magnifies stuff so you can see detail. The underside of my penis is still swollen. I can also see some of the stitches still there. Seeing this remind me that even though I am doing well so far I still need to take it easy in order to continue to heal well.

I am urinating fine. I don't feel any issues with my bladder or urinary tract but there is a weird sensation as the urine is exiting my body but I think that has to do with the swelling and tenderness. I will watch it. I am trying not to be overly nervous but I also don't want to overlook any potential issues.

Im really tired and still haven't gone to bed yet. I'm going to go do that and if I remember more I will add a part II.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome progress! Very happy for you! What other things did you do to prep for surgery diet and vitamin wise besides the cranberry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you try to use the urinal at the airport?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do a new post right now on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not use the urinal at the airport. My penis is still too swollen and tender to whip it out and my aim is off for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has said their aim was off too until they learn how to hold it and go, (not saying yours) but some have had them pee hole a little off so they can not pee straight they have to hold it just right to aim. But i am so jealous of your new penis. but I am also very happy that all you have worked for has come to be. as this quote I love cause it is so true for trans men. here it is,

    "When I let go of who I am, I become who I might be" – Lao Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dontazz- I like the quote. I know it is normal for the stream to be off so I am fine with it. I just want the tenderness to subside so I can practice my aim. My penis is to tender to pull through the hole of my underwear to even start practicing.

    ReplyDelete